As a new application/service (launched in Nov 2011), we are constantly improving Schedule Utopia and adding features and functions based on your feedback. Here is the current list of features in development:
Recently Launched Features:
- Organization admins, can now and and remove managers of calendar
- Set default reminders by calendar for length in advance and type of notification – just like your “follow” selections. So for a “games” calendar you can say, always remind me “1 hour” in advance and by text. But you have set a different reminder type and length in advance for each calendar.
- Calendar managers can now add events without notifying followers – Like when you are adding a bunch of meeting, games, practices all at once – that way they won’t get 10 notifications as you add 10 games all at once.
- Muted colors on all the days on the calendar that have already past.
- Create an all day event
- Have a agenda view to embed on websites
- Calendar Managers can now cancel events without sending notifications if they choose. They can also add a reason for the cancellation if they want to send notifications
- Full “Share this” integration to share calendars or events on the calendars with your not only Facebook, Twitter, and via email, but also with Pinterest and Google +.
- Photo Uploading and sharing – from mobile as well. Must be a follower
of the calendar. Will associate with an event on the calendar – must be approved by the calendar manager or organization admin
Features Currently in the Development process:
- Embed the Photo gallery onto my website – March 2013
- Change the email address on my account – March 2013
- Cancel my account and or delete my calendar – March 2013
- Mobile version (Droid) – app shortcut and notifications queue – March 2013 release – iPhone will be Q3 2013.
- Improve the importing events options and archiving – also offer to email the importer when their import is complete so they don’t think it’s not done - May 2013
The following features are on the list that we are working to get into development:
- Show who I have invited to follow, but has not accepted yet
- Opt out of Advertising Option – lifetime opt out for one time $10 fee
- E-mail formatting and sending screen improvements & enhancements
- Options for changing views of calendar from monthly – week, 5 day, etc. and make them default for your account
- Add more recurring event options – Date of month – like 8th of every month or “third Tuesday of every month”. And be able to choose recurring for more than one day of the week
- Ordering Support/Marketing materials for your organization
- Save locations used and addresses use to a calendar for easy re-use
- Locate/suggest organizations that have a calendar(s) based on your local geography
- Send a deliberate email message to my followers through Schedule Utopia (if you add something to the calendar they will get notified via their settings)
- Making a single event/entry private on a public calendar (like for corporate use)
- Outlook syncing to Schedule Utopia